"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Little Brightening Up

It has been a long time since I bought this tray and intended to do something with it.  I have been using it as is for about two years.  It was fine the way it was, but when I painted my kitchen, I really wanted to paint this tray.  I was looking for a coffee sign from The Graphics Fairy.
Finally I saw this new graphic last week and knew it was perfect!


I painted the Tray with Annie Sloans Old White to match my kitchen.
I only wanted the coffee part of the sign, but I really liked the 'Spices' part of the sign too and decided to add that.  I transferred it onto my tray using my charcoal pencil method.
I then waxed it with clear and dark wax.


It looks so pretty now.

Do you have a favorite tray?

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Great tray--am going to have to keep my eye open for one--yours turned out great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the coffee graphic too. Liked it very much. I love how you used it for your tray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pulled out a whole stack of trays in need of painting and decorating. Do you do house calls? Love the color and the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, coffee!!! :) Love this image and how nice it looks on your tray!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a pretty job on this old tray . . . bravo!
    The difference is like night and day :)
    Keep Smiling,
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tray turned out great. Love the transfer!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a tray that has been waiting for a redo for ever... You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.