"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Simple Shelf

Oh Happy Fall!
I am loving the cooler weather.  However, I am one that doesn't like to turn the heat so early in the year, but it just got too cold!  I couldn't function at times!  Maybe my circulation is bad or I am just getting old.  Either way I broke down!
I am slowly getting some things finished for my sale.  It is so slow going.  I feel like my time is zooming by!  I decided to paint on two shelves just the way they were.  I finished one; I have one more shelf to go.
With this shelf I decided to use some mustard color milk paint.
This color really reminds me of Fall :)
I painted a black layer underneath the milk paint so that the black would come through.
I added a little verse using the charcoal method.
Then I waxed the wole shelf with clear and dark wax.
I love how rich the color became after I waxed it.
Since I mixed up more paint than needed for one shelf; I was able to use the rest of the paint on a couple of more projects that I will share with you in the near future.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I am loving the looks of that mustard color milk paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that color Tammy, it is perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mustard colour looks perfect for the verse and vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shelf is wonderful. Mustard paint is very prim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the first photo, which came through in my reader, I thought you were making pumpkin pie! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.