"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Old Door Panel Sign

I took apart an old door that was given to me.  I love making unique signs, and I knew the panels on the door would make great signs.  The paint was chippy already, so all I had to do was sand it down and do the wording.
This panel lent itself to serving as a rack.
Since I chose the saying "Home of the Brave", I thought these rusty stars and nails would be perfect.  I did the lettering with my new brown Sharpie Paint marker.
I stained it with dark walnut color stain, and it brought out all the cracks and crevices.

I am so thankful for all the men that have served my country, so that I can enjoy the freedoms I still have.

6 comments:

  1. How lucky to find a door panel with such great patina. A wonderful tribute to those who serve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful, Tammy - thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific idea and your sign looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful sigh and love the message.
    Lots of blessings from South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, thank you for sharing this and yes we are so blessed to have all our service men and women helping to keep our lifestyle. Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.