"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Don't Throw Away the Old Wood Fence!

I made some of these stockings last Fall, but I thought I'd share with you some shorter ones I made this year.  This is a great use for that old fence you may have thought to throw away.  
I cut the fence board at angles so they looked like stockings.
Using some mustard colored milk paint, I painted right over the fence boards.
I transferred the letters for the word 'JOY' so that they were not even.
To protect it, I waxed it with clear and dark wax.  I love what the wax does to the milk paint--deepening the color.
Using some craft wire I attached the two boards together.
Here are the finished products in mustard and burgundy.
I used a white paint marker for the burgundy stocking.
So don't throw away that old fence--well at least not all of it :)

7 comments:

  1. I really like the color you are using on them, just perfect for a primitive home:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your recycled Christmas sock. It is adorable . . . you are a clever gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG..I love this idea! I've got to try this one! Not sure how you attached those pieces...can you give me more explanation on that one? Love It!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative, Tammy! I Love these!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay those are really darn cute, love them ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy,
    You are so creative!
    I love these.
    Tam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.