"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Table Treasure

I couldn't believe my eyes when I drove past this table alongside the road with a sign on it that said FREE!  I was surprised that it was pretty stable too.  I've seen more wobbly ones in some antique shops.
Now I know some of you may be upset to hear that I painted this piece.  Sorry, but I was not going to sand all those spindly legs.  Plus, there was some sort of paint splashed on it at odd places.  
I sanded the top down to get rid of all those stained circles and water marks.  I then stained it with two coats of Walnut stain and finished it with Waterlox satin finish.
For the bottom, I painted one coat of Annie Sloans chalk paint.  I wanted it to look distressed, so I did more of a light brush painting on it--not worrying about every nook and cranny.
I waxed it with clear wax first and just used a dab of Jacobean (dark) wax.
I absolutely love it!
Especially the price! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yes the price was perfect and the table look like new now that you've done your magic. I thought of you recently....my new renter is doing the place in primitives. Funny when I live there it was decorated that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought two of those on Craigslist! And I'm going to paint them also! Though I like how you left the top stained. So maybe I'll do that! Congratulations on the FREE FIND!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.