"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Meeting the Steve Pettit Team

This Labor Day we went to meet the Steve Pettit Team. We listen to some of their Cd's and thought it would be fun to attend a meeting they held at a church that was some what close to our home.  Okay, maybe 1 hour and 10 minutes isn't close, but it was close enough for us.  Mr. Pettit has a real heart to reach the singles in his ministry.  Before the service they had small meetings.  My hubby and I attended the singles class because we were with two ladies from our church, and Mr Pettit told us to come in the class. :)  Our Teens met with Megan Hamilton, Ellen Mckeown, Mark Dalrymple, and Ethan Weaver for a quick teen time.  It was fun for my kiddos to learn that most of the team were home schooled :)  They were all very friendly and ready to serve.

The highlight for us was when Allison Chetta asked if my daughter, Bethany, wanted to play her violin.  Bethany has a hard time with double stops and was asking for some pointers.  Allison was very generous with her time.  Bethany even got to play a couple of songs with her.  Allison had a beautiful sounding viola with which she harmonized with Bethany.  I think Bethany was just a little nervous.
Here is a video of Bethany playing the Ashokan by ear.  She didn't know the notes and was guessing as she played with Allison.  Allison added some pretty harmony with her viola.  Bethany was suppose to do the double stops, but didn't know the notes were just A & D.  Later Allison helped her with it. :)  Bethany learned that her elbow is too low when she plays.  Her teacher, Ms. Bess Lee, said the same thing :)  It is hard to break old habits.
It was a fun and memorable night!

2 comments:

  1. How fun ! The video never came up :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that most musicians are warm and friendly and love to share their talents and help beginners with help along the way. There is a sweet community among folk, country and gospel musicians. I have been helped and nurtured along my way and so appreciate each and everyone that has helped me. Now it's my turn to help others, even though I still have so much to learn :)
    I enjoyed the video, your daughter is quite good :)
    Have a lovely week.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.