"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Friday, February 7, 2014

Not Identical? Don't Worry...

With the favors finished for our Sweetheart Banquet, I needed to come up with the centerpiece.  Part of the centerpieces are going to be candles and vases.  Every other table will get two candles and the other tables will get flowers in a vase.  I set out to get different size candle holders.  I shopped all the thrift stores I knew of in our area.  It didn't matter that they didn't match because I was going to put Annie Sloans Chalk Paint to the test.
I painted all of them in ASCP Old white and gave them a coat of clear and dark wax.  It was tough to paint on the glass.  I learned that I just needed to let them set over night before I put the second coat on.
They turned out great!
I hope the vision I have in my head looks great on the tables.
 They don't necessarily have to be identical.  Paint can really blend things together.
I also bought all different kinds of glass vases at a thrift store and painted them.  They too turned out wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. Great job! I did all my picture frames like that, lamp, etc. and it worked! Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using chalk paint too! The candle holders look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your event pictures.... (You WILL take pictures won't you?) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.