"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A New Life for some Vintage Camping Chairs

I found a pair of vintage camping chairs.  I am not sure how old they are.  One person said 1940's; all I know is they needed some new life.  The material was dry rotted.
 First I took the fabric off and wiped the wood with Old English.
What a difference it made to the wood!
 I had some neat, heavy ticking fabric that I thought would look very vintage.  I measured, cut, and sewed it to the proper length.
 My son helped me stretch the fabric and tack it to the chair.  
The wood on this chair is very strong; I could not staple it the way they had attached the original fabric.
 I do like the tacks with the dark wood.
 Ahh!  New Life!
What a great pair!

3 comments:

  1. They look great! Comforting.............
    Love your blog
    Blessings!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out beautiful! You do great work...and I do mean work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.