"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Waxed Candy Canes

 I got a package of plastic candy canes last year after Christmas.  I decided to wrap them in muslin and wax them with some candle wax.  I keep all my old wax leftovers that smell so yummy for this kind of craft.

I added some greenery, a tag, and some bakers twine to finish them off.
It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas already!!!
You know, I kind of liked the simplicity of the wrapped muslin candy canes too!
The waxed ones do smell wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea to wax them after wrapping ... they're so lovely! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could easily author a book with all your creative ideas. One of these days I'll do a blog shout out for you. Just neat, neat stuff you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful, and what a way to re-purpose. I have some old, old (real) candy canes and wonder if they would work with your idea. Hmmm do you think the hot wax might melt the candy? Thanks for sharing. Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.