"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Generous Friend

I have a friend that is getting her parent's home ready to sell.  She asked if I wanted anything, and said the price was right--FREE.  I truly couldn't resist.  I loved the home itself, a beautiful cape cod set on a peaceful and gorgeous piece of property off the main road.
My eye was on this painting as soon as I walked into the home.  I thought for sure she wanted to keep it.  To my surprise, it was one of the many treasures she was offering!
 I love the country cottage with the rickety fence(something I would surely try to build) :)
The family in this painting is just so perfect, and right now in my life it tells a little bit of our story.  I know my kiddos aren't this young, but seeing the father and the oldest boy heading to work reminds me of the stage we are at in our home.
 I found the perfect place for it,
above my bed.
This picture makes the frame look very golden but it's not.
It's just lovely!

4 comments:

  1. happy for you! I love generous friends.... reminds me to be generous myself. BTW - your bed looks similar to ours.... did you paint it by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful - I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful picture & sure does relate to your family now, except that as you said, your children are older. That was very nice of your friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture - so sweet of your friend to offer it to you. Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.