"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Saturday, January 13, 2018

A New Year and a Sign For a Friend

Happy 2018 everyone!
I know I am a little late. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  I really enjoyed the season this year. It was so nice to actually enjoy our family, our friends, and our home.
One of my favorite things this Christmas was having a fire in our fireplace.
 It was the first time we used our fireplace since we moved into our home in 2016.  It was wonderful just sitting there with the hubby and kiddos, listening to Christmas music play in the background.
~
The holiday season passed by quickly, and we found our selves in the longest cold snap.  We found out some pipes in our house do not like it when the temps drop below 0 degrees...no major problems though.
We recently enjoyed some warmer weather; with that came an energy in me to finally work on a sign that a friend of mine had been ever so patiently waiting for.
I glued two boards together, sanded it down to the natural wood, and then let her choose between the stains that I had on hand.
I am not a natural at calligraphy, so I must cheat with fonts on the computer. (Using the Charcoal Method)
When I printed the words off, the spacing didn't look like it was correct between the letters in the word Tractor. In this pic (above) you can see that 'Tractor' doesn’t quite look right, and I was hoping to fix it as I applied the paint marker, but I really didn't do a good job. 
This is why special orders make me nervous.
HOWEVER
My friend was sweet enough to like it no matter my flaws.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.