"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, July 23, 2018

$5 Lamp Before and After

 I have been in search of the perfect lamp for my piano.  I needed one that would blend in with my decor yet give good lighting for the pianist.  In my search I found some great options, but they came at a cost that really was not going to work for me.  
 Then I came upon this beauty!!
She caught my eye.  I took a double take...hmmm...looks like candle holders and it looks colonial.  
Oh!  and the price is $5?!  I'll take it!
Would you buy it?
 I thought I had some candle covers that would fit over the light fixtures, but they were too small.  Plan B was to grubby them up with my mixture of coffee grounds and cinnamon...smelled good:)...and apply with glue.
Here is a pic of before and after they dried.  You can see the plastic cover is chipped.  No problem!  You cant see it anyway!
 I painted the lamp with two coats of Annie Sloan's Graphite, letting it dry 24 hours between the two coats because I just wanted it to adhere well with less coats.  It did not chip at all!  I then waxed it in dark wax.
 It buffed up so lovely!
The lighting in the first pic is too bright.  The truer color is on right pic.
 Before and After:
Now would you buy it?
It fits this space perfect and the lighting is amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.