"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Friday, June 28, 2013

My First Slip Cover!

Before I show you my handy work, I will warn you that there are many mistakes, but I am pretty happy that it doesn't look like a total mess.

I used Miss Mustard Seed's Videos to make my slip cover.  I felt like I was in an online Home Economics class.  I enjoyed using her step by step videos because she thinks the way I do.  Funny, I thought that I was the only one who didn't like to use patterns, and therefore thought that I would never make a slip cover.

Now on with my progress.

I started with one of my warn out wing chairs.  I am really disappointed in these chairs.  I only had them for 5 years, and they looked bad not too long after we purchased them.  The arms were getting holes in them and looking grungy.  Now I like grungy when it comes to crafts--NOT FURNITURE!  I was ready for a little freshening up.
I am just going to show you some pics I snapped along the way.  If you want a tutorial please visit Miss Mustard Seed's Website and watch her videos on slipcovers.
 I used the drop cloth seams for some design in the skirting.
I didn't do ruffles in my skirt; I am not much of a ruffle person.  I thought about doing a box pleat, but I really wanted to get it finished before hubby got home from Zambia.  Even though he didn't notice that I covered the chair anyway.
Again, I made plenty of mistakes, but it is good enough for me to enjoy right now :)

7 comments:

  1. In my book this is monumental - huge. I admire you, time and time again I always think I am going to tackle a slipcover but get frustrated. Great job. This is the first time I have stopped by, and your newest follower. Thanks for the inspiration. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!
    I've wanted to make one for a long time Maybe one day ill take the leap. Yours looks perfect to me.
    Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial.
    Hugs
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waw, looks good! You're so brave :)

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great ! I'm not surprised Dan didn't notice . That's a man-thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how wonderful that turned out. Now come do one for me:). Great job girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very impressed with your slipcover as I can barely hem... And if the husband didn't notice your talent, we sure did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy: What a fabulous job you did...I would be terrified to start a slip-cover. Forget about the mistakes; only you know where they are and it looks like you did a professional job. I really thought the seams on the skirt and the cording looked great. I would hire you in a minute if you could come to CA. Love your blog! {{HUGS}} Joy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.