"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Feed Sack Rustic Bench

I found this little bench at an Amish yard sale in Lancaster, Pa.  The fiber rush woven top had been worn through and very dirty.  I decided to take off all the material and sand the frame down.  I really like how the wood looks sanded.  Since I am no Caning Craftsman, I decided to cover it the "Tammy" way. You know, the 'simple way' :)  
For those of you who have a bench frame or chair that needs to be Caned or Woven, my friend Patricia and her husband are true local craftsmen.  They know what they're doing. Click Erickson's Chair Caning for some amazing before and after photos of their work.
Now back to the no talent Simple Way.
I measured and cut up an old feed sack. 
With some small tacks, I attached the feed sack fabric to the top two rungs.
I decided that I am not finishing the wood.  
I like it in its rustic state.

3 comments:

  1. Tammy, you did a fantastic job! It may be the simple way, but it looks great and it's functional. That is what it is all about! Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.