"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sister Primitive Cabinet from Scraps

I told you the other day I was working on another cabinet.  
Well, it is finally finished.
I gathered all the scraps I could that I thought would work.  I found out that I needed to use some different pieces than I had originally pieced.
Notice the back is different on the final piece.
After planing the door so it would fit :), I added some white paint to the sides, back, top, bottom, and shelf.
 Now that I had painted what I thought necessary, I started to stain.  
I just truly love the dark wood with the chippy paint.
 You may wonder where I got the door.  I tore apart this WALL CABINET that I found along side the road.  The other wood was recycled from our old back porch.
 So here it is!
 Here is her sister cabinet that I made last year.
These will truly be hard to sell.  
I really like them :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I was near enough to come. I love both of them! You are so good at creating primitive cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo nice!!! You did a great job, Carpenter Tammy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure are clever! It looks great!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job!!! I too would have trouble selling them, as I can find many places to use them. Thanks for sharing. Blessings and smiles, Emilou

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.