"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, September 18, 2017

Finally, The Stairs Are Complete

Finally!  Our stairs are finished! 
 It took months. but they are finished.  
I just wasn't excited about the idea of dealing with family traffic and staining stairs.  However, looking daily at the contrast between steps and floors, I became more motivated.
It was a process. 

As you can see we did not paint the Risers on the steps when we painted the trim.  
This is the color of the original stairs.  
Oh look at that dusty floor!
 I stripped and sanded the stair Treads and then just painted the Risers to match the trim in our Living Room.
I used Espresso colored stain on the treads to match our new floor color.
 Here is the process they went through. 
The first pic is from the inspection day last year.
We lived at pic #2 for almost three months. 
 Finally they match the floors and the Balusters and Handrail!
The before is on inspection day (previous owners furnishings).
I really love the painted Risers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.