"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Crate Find!

I can't believe it has been a whole year since we ventured out to Wisconsin to drop our son off for college.  
As we were on our way to drop him off at his dorm, I slammed on the brakes to have hubby go check out this crate that was out with garbage.
 To my surprise it had the name Glen Rock on it and Milwaukee, WI.  Now that might not seem like anything to you, but to this mama that just moved to a new home in a different county and was dropping off her first born in Wisconsin it had some sentimentality to it.  Where I took my son for his braces' appointment was in Glen Rock, PA (many trips back n forth).  Now I was leaving that boy young man in Wisconsin.  
Every time I saw it in our garage, it was a little reminder to me to pray for him.
 It sat in our garage for a whole year, until today.
So all the mildew looking wood was dry and there were no critters living in the wood ;)
I just wanted to warm that wood up a little, so I got out my Annie Sloans dark wax (which is pretty brown compared to the Jacobean wax I have from Fiddes and Sons)
It turned out incredible! 
 It made the lettering pop and the mildew stain look less frightening.
It is a great keepsake from his first year at college!
And Free :)

3 comments:

  1. Love this. Perfect for you n it looks great now

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! I was like "Glen Rock?" a great find for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! God Is Good!!! He has blessed you with a great talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.